The Glenview New Church youth program offers young people (grades 5 through 12) a place to be and a group of people to be with. It’s a place where you’ll discover new things about your peers and about yourself, a place where you’ll be challenged to think about what you believe, a place to learn and grow spiritually, and a place where you’ll choose what you’d most like to do as a group.
The youth program has two parts–a Junior youth group and a Senior youth group:
Junior Youth Group is for grades 5 through 8. It meets once a week for social activities and fun. Meetings are on Friday afternoons, 2:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., from Labor Day through Memorial Day, except holidays. For further information, please contact Amanda Tozer at firstname.lastname@example.org, 773.349.1743.
Senior Youth Group is for grades 9 through 12. It meets once a week for social activities and fun. Meetings are on Wednesday evenings, 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., from Labor Day through Memorial day, except holidays.
Goals for weekly meetings include the following:
- To establish friendships, cement relationships, and gain a sense of belonging within the context of a group of peers
- To learn and talk about God, your emerging faith, and living a life of faith
- Learning to care about others and to be of useful service in the surrounding community
- Group activities, socializing, and fun
- Event planning and follow-through:
- Day Trips
- Weekend trips and retreats
- Service projects and opportunities
The Senior Youth Group also meets once a month for an outing. Outings happen on random days and times decided on by the group and in collaboration with parents. In the summer of 2014 there will be a summer camp from July 12 through July 19, and a trip out west from July 20 through July 27. All young people in grades 9 through 12 are welcome to attend. For further information, please contact Brannon Smith at email@example.com, 847.729.3638.