The Glenview New Church offers two worship services on Sunday mornings.
~ 9:30 a.m. Family/Contemporary Worship (Auditorium)
~ 11:00 a.m. Traditional Worship Service (Sanctuary)
See service descriptions further below.
All are welcome to attend.
What’s the Sunday schedule?
9:30 a.m.: Family/Contemporary Worship (Auditorium)
9:50 a.m.: Sunday School for children (offered Labor Day thru Memorial Day)
10:30 a.m.: Refreshments and fellowship (Assembly Hall)
11:00 a.m.: Traditional Worship Service (Sanctuary)
12:00 p.m.: Refreshments and fellowship (Assembly Hall)
Note: On certain dates we offer only one “combined” or “festival” service for families and people of all ages.
These combined or festival services may include special music or pageantry.
• Labor Day Weekend: 9:30 a.m. (Sanctuary)
• Thanksgiving Day: Festival Service, Thursday 11:00 a.m. (Auditorium)
• Thanksgiving Weekend Sunday Service, 9:30 a.m. (Sanctuary)
• “Christmas Pageant Sunday” (second Sunday in December): 9:30 a.m. worship service for adults (Sanctuary); 4:30 p.m. Christmas Pageant (Gymnasium)
• Christmas Eve: Festival Service, 5:00 p.m. (Auditorium); Candlelight Service, 10:00 p.m. (Sanctuary)
• Christmas Day: Traditional Worship for adults, 11:00 a.m. (Sanctuary)
• Christmas Weekend Sunday Service (the first Sunday after Christmas day—even if it’s a full seven days later): 9:30 a.m. (Sanctuary)
• Palm Sunday: Festival Service, 9:30 a.m. (Auditorium); Traditional Service, 11:00 a.m. (Sanctuary)
• Easter Sunday: Festival Service, 9:30 a.m. (Auditorium); Traditional Service, 11:00 a.m. (Sanctuary)
• Memorial Day Weekend: 9:30 a.m. (Sanctuary)
Accessibility: Our main entrance is wheelchair accessible. The Auditorium and the Sanctuary are both equipped with a hearing induction assistance system.
Nursery Care: An Infant Room is available during the 9:30 Service. It is equipped with windows and audio feed from the service. The room features comfortable seating, books and toys for parents to share with their young children while enjoying the atmosphere of the service.
Communion: We offer Communion once a month on an alternating basis between our two worship venues. (See our Church Calendar for current dates.)
Read more about…
Family Worship at 9:30 a.m.
Our 9:30 a.m. Family Worship Service features contemporary songs, music, and choral pieces led or performed by a music team, accompanied by guitar, piano, and other musical instruments. The first part of the service includes an interactive and illustrative lesson for children, after which the children leave the worship room for Nursery or Sunday School (according to age). The second part of the service includes a talk for adults. Communion is offered occasionally at the end of this service, and all are welcome to participate. During the summer months our Sunday School teachers take a break from Sunday School programs, and the service itself becomes a combined service for families. It offers a combined talk for children and adults. Refreshments and fellowship follow each service of the year.
Traditional Worship at 11 a.m.
Our 11:00 a.m. Traditional Worship Service is a traditional service for adults in our church sanctuary. It is a liturgical service with traditional hymns led by a pipe organ. This service carries an atmosphere of formal reverence that many people appreciate. Communion is offered occasionally at the end of this service, and all are welcome to participate. A time of fellowship follows each service with occasional refreshments.